We Rehome Older Dogs
SDRO is an IRS designated 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Our mission is to rescue and re-home dogs age 6 and up; older dogs left at shelters; dogs whose owners died; and dogs whose families came apart.
SDRO's all-volunteer board consists of a Board President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Volunteers also serve on committees such as fundraising, adoption events, advertising, social media, and communications.
New volunteers are always welcomed and celebrated. Join us!
SDRO is 100% donor funded. Community fundraisers are diverse: Petco & PetSmart Adoption Days, Corvallis Fall Festival, Paws in the Park, Oregon State University's Vet Hospital Open House, Gifts for a Better World, a giant 2-day Benefit Sale and more. We work hard to make sure our events are fun for volunteers, educational for the public and worthwhile for all.
– Senior Dog Rescue began with a single, very determined volunteer in Philomath, Oregon, Susan Faria.
– Two people volunteered. SDRO was now a rescue of three.
– SDRO received 501(c)(3) nonprofit status and donations soared all the way to $2,000 – a heady amount for a group with overdue vet bills!
– The community realized the plight of senior dogs, the group had over 20 volunteers and Petfinder awarded SDRO a $25,000 Maddie's Fund grant for hard-to-place pets.
– More than 20 years later, we have many dedicated volunteers committed to helping old dogs have a good "rest of their lives." Saving older dogs is contagious! They capture your heart! We've found homes for 1,000+ dogs.